Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Agape Love

If I ever have another husband,
Gosh, I hope I don't,
Will he take walks with me
To laugh, to talk about things important to me?
Watch a sunset,
Listen to a symphony, or country music
With me by his side, holding my hand?
Enjoy ice cream on apple pie
Without counting calories?
Will he walk with patient adoration without rushing
Through museums or art galleries?
Go barefoot in the sand
To listen to the waves crashing against the land?
Enjoy being alone with me?
Holding my hand to protect me?
When I hold his hand
Will I feel the love, presence of God
In our lives.....quietly?
Will he love me, cherish me,
Smile at me so peacefully, so lovingly
As Don does?
I want our love story to continue
For many more years.
I doubt that Romeo and Juliet
Ever had the same feelings
Or shared the vicissitudes and crisis
That we have overcome.
If they had then they would 
Never, no not ever
Want to die 
To leave 
The world
Vacant
Of such agape love!

No comments: