Sunday, September 7, 2008

SONGBIRDS

Early in  the morning
Sitting on the porch,
Listening to songbirds calling.
They answer each other
Chirping back and forth.

The view of garden lovely
Just at the rising of the Son,
I know Fanny Crosby
Would be delighted, though blind.
Said she could see every one.

I await with anticipation
For others to come
Enjoy my "good morning",
With coffee
"Have some".

"The Dayspring sunrise on high
Has visited thus,
Giving light
To the darkness".               Luke 1:78-79
He'll come back for us!

Surrounded as I am
Each day with such love.
By my husband, children,
All my friends
That I love.

How could I ever be
Unhappy at all,
Even with these injuries
From a terrible fall?

God's healing love 
Surrounds me
Each day.
With "Blessed Assurance"
In His wondrous way.

So here 
On vacation
Or even at home,
The love of my family
Blesses me as I roam.


No comments: