Friday, May 1, 2009

PEACHES


                                          PEACHES
               by  GG Watt


When I was little
My cousins called me “Peaches”,
Actually they called me
“Peaches and cream”.
I liked the nickname because
Peaches are very sweet.
When twins Pat and Larry
Called me that 
I thought it pretty neat!

Gramma raised the twins,
Baby John Adams, beautiful Ann,
After Beatrice their mother died.
Gramma said “Raise them I can!”
They came to live in
Gramma’s big, lovely Victorian home
In Sedalia, Missouri from
Their home across the 
Big ocean’s foam.

Their father John 
Was in the Army
He was a vet.
He took care of 
The horses there,
In the Philippines.
Could not care for four
 Small babies under five,
By himself, at least not yet. 

Under Gramma’s care 
With character, faith, love,
They grew up so strong.
Fine citizens were they
Intelligent, cultured, charming.
Ann even more beautiful!
Larry, John so sweet, so kind.
Pat enlisted as the war started.
His Army adventures alarming!

No comments: