Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Music Box

Trying to nap I was laying
Down upon the couch.
My music box was playing
A melody so sweet.
Asleep and snoring gently
My kitty at my feet.
Black and white he is
A tuxedo cat so neat.

On the recliner chair was my spouse.
I think he's so sweet, so handsome!
Not wishing to awaken him,
I was quiet as a mouse.
I  tiptoed in behind him,
And touched him on t he arm.
Jumping up so suddenly
He feared he was in harm.

"Now our dinner guests 
Are coming soon
So wake up Donald dear".
We laughed together as he
Realized there was nothing more to  fear.
We had a lovely party with many of our friends.
They danced, they sang, told jokes, and laughed
Till someone was in tears.

We've had many happy parties
With family, friends so dear.
As passing time takes them away
We wish that they were near. 
Forward looking to the time
When all of us can be
Together with our Father
In that land so heavenly!

No comments: