Friday, April 17, 2009

REGARDING MY CRUSH ON JEAN PIERRE

When I was twelve in my first 
Year of high school
I had a serious crush on
The handsome movie star
Jean Pierre Aumont.
He starred in the movie
The Cross Of Lorraine.
I loved him from afar.

I kept his picture in the back
Of my school binder so I could 
Look at him often in my binder.
I would look at him and sigh!
I thought of him as my sweetheart.
He made my twelve year old heart flutter.
They say that love is blind
Well, mine was blinder!

Never dared tell anyone 
About what was hiding in my binder.
About my secret "Prince Charming"
For fear I'd be laughed at
Or worse still, be ridiculed.
I already was teased about being
Too skinny cause kids called me "Grasshopper!"
That surely would have been alarming.

I grew up and married
My "Prince Charming"
My dream man.
Not a movie star
As handsome as one though.
We have lived such a 
Wonderful, exciting life. 
Love of God has made it so.


No comments: