Thursday, April 16, 2009

When I Start To Write A Poem



                       WHEN I START TO WRITE A POEM

by GG Watt



When I start to write a poem

I look around to see what I can see.

There is a crucifix upon the wall

With Jesus looking down at me.


I take my pen and start to write.

Just as busy as can be.

Words come fast as lightening

In my brain inspiration hits me suddenly.


Magically a poem appears upon the page.

I have to stop for dinner.

Noticed I’ve put on a few pounds

So made vegetables hoping to get thinner.


Going back to my posting at the computer

Where I begin to save it.

I find I really like the poem

So I start to type, I cannot see

I get up cause I need a lamp lit.


I continue typing until bedtime.

I am growing very sleepy.

The wind is howling outside.

It’s sound is very creepy.


Tomorrow I will write more poetry

Perhaps a spooky, scary one,

About that howling wind I heard.

Will even scare me when I’m done!


I do love writing poetry.

It is my favorite hobby.

Some like it, others no.

Me thinks they are quite snobby.


1 comment:

Kathy Gard said...

You should call this one, "Attention Deficit"! :~)